Fran Núñez is Chilean photographer with a degree in Photojournalism from the ALPES Escuela de Imagen y Comunicación in Santiago, Chile.
After dropping out of Literature career, she started in photography in a self-taught way, collaborating with independent music media. Subsequently, she studied Photojournalism and graduated with the highest honors.
Her work focuses on 3 main areas: Her personal work, where through the poetic language of the image, she explores internal and/or social processes. She works mainly with photography, but in recent years, she has been discovering new languages, such as video, collage, mixing it with the written word.
Another focus of her work is the portrait, where she immerses herself in femininity, seeking to convey emotions and / or moods, from this, she creates the "Imaginary Portrait", plays with textures and brushes, giving it a pictorial aesthetic and / or experimental.
Finally, music photography, with 10 years of experience, she has photographed numerous artists and bands from Chile and abroad.
Her photographic work has been exhibited in Chile, Germany and Italy, and has been published in media such as LensCulture, Photovogue, Letargo, among others. Her video poetry work has been screened in festivals such as Helios Sunpoetry FilmFestival (Mexico), Cadence Video Poetry Festival (USA), International Art Film Festival (UK), among others. She was a Finalist of LensCulture Black&White 2018 and part of the Associazione Ottovolante Residency program 2018 in Italy.
EXHIBITIONS AND SCREENINGS:
· Demasiado Pronto (It is too soon) - Official Selection - International Art Film Festival, London, UK.
· Demasiado Pronto (It is too soon) - Official Selection - Make Art Not Fear Film Festival, Porto, Portugal.
· The Waves of my Mind - Official Selection - Helios Sunpoetry FilmFestival, Ciudad de México, México.
· Actos de Quietud y Resistencia nº2 en "Relatos de Pandemia" del Colectivo FIRC, Festival ARC.
· The Waves of my Mind - Finalist - Vesuvius International Film Fest, Italy.
· The Waves of my Mind - Official Selection - International Art Film Festival, London, UK.
· The Waves of my Mind - Semi Finalist - Make Art Not Fear Film Festival, Porto, Portugal.
· The Waves of my Mind - Official Selection - Bitesize Film Festival
· Conversatorio Fotografía y Cuerpo - Foto Limarí, Ovalle
· Actos de Quietud y Resistencia nº2 en "Relatos de Pandemia" del Colectivo FIRC, Online.
· Sonidos de una Región - collective exhibition, Biblioteca Regional Gabriela Mistral, La Serena, Chile.
· Partecipare Ad Arte - collective exhibition, La Linea, Bologna, Italia.
· La Inmolación - SOLO exhibition, MLVL disidencia, unión y cultura, Santiago, Chile
· La Inmolación - SOLO exhibition, Estudio Panal, Santiago, Chile.
· Arte Emergente - collective exhibition, Humano Bar, Santiago, Chile.
· Autorretratos - collective exhibition, Sala 13, ALPES, Santiago Chile.
· Territori d'arte, otra vez, Associazione Ottovolante, Bologna, Italia
· Cover photo of the book "Nina Was Wussted". Germany.
· FADO fanzine de La Flota - Ediciones La Visita y Colectivo FIRC
ON THE WEB: